Oral History Resources
Mallaig Heritage Centre has a collection of more than 50 video and audio recordings. Most of these were collected as part of the Mallaig Oral History Project between 2008 and 2010.
As the amount of material recorded by the Project amounts to well over 100 hours, it will be possible to make only a relatively small amount available online. We are working on editing the video interviews so that we can upload excerpts to Vimeo.
At present the following interviews are available:
- Lindy Henderson: Coming to Mallaig and Living on the Point
- George Lawrie: Living on the Point
- Moe Mathieson: Childhood and Fishing
- Alastair MacLeod: The Railway in the Community
- Elliot Ironside: Mallaig Badminton Club
- Elliot Ironside: Football and the old football pitch
See a list of oral history recordings and written materials which are held in the Mallaig Heritage Centre archive and are available to the general public for research and consultation.