• Welcome to Mallaig Heritage Centre Forum.

H.M.S. Curacoa crewlist

Started by Anthony Houston, January 12, 2004, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Houston

My uncle, William Houston, was lost on this ship - anyone got a list of crew on board that day?

Bill Errington

Sorry I do not have a list but my father Norman Errington was a Stoker on board the day it sank. He never liked to speak of the event as he lost so many of his friends. My father passed away 24/02/2003.

Terry Barker

There is a book by David A Thomas,Patrick Holmes called 'Queen Mary and the Cruiser' The Curacoa Disaster. I believe there is a list of the crew in this book. I obtained the book through my local library and I have seen it for sale on the internet.

Pamela Ward

My father, Able Seaman Ernest Ward, served on HMS Curacoa and was one of the survivors. After 2 hours in the water he was picked up by a local fishing boat and taken to Derry. My sympathies go to all of you who lost relatives and loved ones.

I am a professional singer and have recently recorded a song about this incident called \"Sail On By\" for a new CD album. It is dedicated to all the memory of HMS Curacoa and all those who served on her. My way of trying to help ensure that the tragedy is not forgotten. If anyone connected with this incident would like a CD then please contact me and I will send one free of charge. My website is www.pamelaward.co.uk and e-mail pam@pamelaward.co.uk