• Welcome to Mallaig Heritage Centre Forum.

Hello Mallaig

Started by David Duncan, October 24, 2001, 04:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Duncan

I checked this site several months ago and was excited to read Veronica nee Gillies message I see she received 4 replies (ok 1 was mine) but since then nothing. I do remember her as a most energetic and attractive young girl with lots of personality. Still I really thought Mallaig would have more excitement by now than I read in the email version of the WESTWORD. (no disrespect Mrs Martin, I think you do a great job! Living in a backwater in the Bahamas I remember Mallaig as being an exciting place, maybe its just the usual case of the grass being greener elsewhere. If there is anyone out there who remembers the Duncans of 15 Lovat Terrace I would like to hear from them. Insults accepted too

john macleod

Hi David, how are you doing?.You will remember me JOHN MACLEOD from MALLAIG.I sailed with you on the BENDORAN in 1968,happy days.I now live in Kilbarchan,Renfrewshire. John.

Jeanann Clare

Hi David Do you remember me, we used to come to Mallaig every year for the summer. My Gran lived 7 Clanranald terrace and Jean still lives there. I remember the Duncans and the Gillies, I am going to New Zealand in the new year, and need to see if I can contact Andy, Archie and Veronica. I still go to Mallaig as all the relations are still there, bar Ruby Sutherland who is in America Hope all is well with you Regards Jeanann

Violet McKenzie

Hello John are you the John MacLeod who lived at no9 Cameron avenue,if so John iwould like to hear from u and find out how you are doing.I now live in Preston Lancashire. Violet MacKenzie. 15 Cameron Avenue

bmacdougall

Hello David, Hope you're still checking the board for messages.Have just discovered the site.We were neighbours in Lovat Terrace (no 12).Anthony and Stephen were great friends.My mother still lives in the same house, and colin and claire (youngest; you may not know her)are in the village as well.I have not strayed too far away (Perthshire)so I get back home quite often.Give my regards to the rest of the family.Is Jeananne still in the UK ? Belinda MacDougall

Jeanann Clare

Hi John I hope you remember me. I'm not very good at this, but I was in NewZealand recently and tried to contact Veronica, no luck, I also sent a message to David Duncan, but I don't seem to have a response from him. So hear's hoping you respond Hope you are well Jeanann

David Duncan

Hello to Belinda MacDougal,
Sorry I havent checked this site for a looong time.
My Sister Johnan now lives about 100yds from me near Fort William.
Write to me at duncandw@gmail and I will put you in touch
David

David Duncan

Hi Jeanane, I apologise for not replying, but I havent checked this website for ages.
Sorry I dont immediately remember you, but then its been a long time.
however, I now live in Fort William as do my 2 sisters Johnan and Dorothy.
I imagine you were closer in age to Johnan.
If you are still checking this site,
email me at duncandw@gmail.com and I promise to get in touch

john macleod

Hi Jeanann

,Are you still around?

John macLeod

johnjohnjohnm@hotmail.com

Jeanann Clare

Hi John, I was looking at the Mallaig web site to get some info for friends who are taking a trip in March. I had forgotten about the notice board as I have'nt been on the site for ages. I'm still in Northwich and my mum is very well. We go up to Mallaig twice a year, ME driving. I retired a LONG time ago,(worked for the right company). I had a rental business for many years and sold it this year so that's my pension fund.
I still have to contact David Duncan again. Hope you get this OK and I will try and remember to visit the site more often
Jeanann