• Welcome to Mallaig Heritage Centre Forum.

George Stronach

Started by Colin Monaghan, November 02, 2002, 04:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Monaghan

Back in the 70's my father was the foreman for the company who painted a lot of Mallaig and I spent a couple of weeks there. I can still picture fishing off the dock catching mackerel. The smoke house was on the bottom end of the dock. Everytime my dad would go back to Glasgow we lived on Kippers:-)) We stayed with George and Vi Stronach and I've tried to find info on them. They were the salt of the earth! George was the master butcher for the Co-op and Vi could cook like food was going out of style. If anyone remembers them please get in touch with me. Mallaig has got to be the most gorgeous place on the planet bar none. I now live in Redondo Beach California which is gorgeous, but nothing in comparison to Mallaig. I hope to get back there someday. Do the sheep still walk about the streets? Colin Monaghan

Margaret Mitchell

Hello Colin George and Vi are my uncle and aunt.....however George passed away some twenty years ago, and Violet now lives in Glasgow to be near her family Gail and George. I myself live in the north east of Scotland in a village called Strichen. You're certainly right about George and Violet they were a lovely couple, we used to go up to Mallaig for our holidays when our two children were very young and we have very happy memories of Mallaig. I will pass on your message to Violet. Regards Margaret Mitchell.......